Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post 26: 99 Names of God

The Sustainer – Masculine
            To me The Sustainer is a more masculine named used for God. I think this is a masculine name because, men are the ones that work hard to sustain their family. They are the ones that protect their family and make sure everything is okay. God does the same thing for each and every one of us. No matter what happens God always has our back. He is there for us when we are doing well and he is there for us when things are going bad. He is always there to take care of us, just as Men do for their families.  
 
The Vanquisher - Masculine
 
                To me the Vanquisher is masculine name for God, because men are the ones who fight. Men will fight for anything, but God is different. He has control over everything. He has the power to vanquish our problems. That is why I pray, not only to thank God and praise him, but also so that he can help me with my problems. I agree with this name, the Vanquisher, because there have been various times that I have called on God so that he can bless me by Vanquishing my problems.
 
 The Most Kind - Feminine
                To me the Most Kind is a more feminine name for God. I say this because, we view women as gentle and warm hearted. To me between Women and Men, women would be considered mre kind. But most of all God is the most kind. It is the perfect name for him, because it is true. He is so gentle with his creation. He truly cares for all of us. The Most Kind is a name for God, because he is the friend that is always there when you need him, he Is the one that doesn't make mistakes. God is truly the Most Kind.
 
The Responder – Feminine
           To me the Responder is a more feminine name for God. I say this because, mothers respond quickly to their families needs. When a baby cries, the mom is always there for whatever that baby needs. Just as mothers, God also responds quickly to all of our needs. He responds to prayers. God works in mysterious ways. He always answers our prayers, whether we notice them or not. He is always there to respond to our problems. The Responder is a perfect fit for God.  
 
The Sustainer, The Vanquisher, The Most Kind, and The Responder
  There are so many names that fit God, because God has so many different attributes. God is both masculine and feminine and uses both of those attributes at the perfect times. He is there to defend us when we need it and is also there just to hold us in his hands when we feel alone. God protects us and he also loves us. There are so many different things that God does for us and that is why he has so many different names. He truly has more than just 99 names. My favorites out of this list is the Sustainer, the Vanquisher, The most kind, and the Responder. God fits all of these in my life.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment