Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Confirmation

1. The gifts of the Holy Spirit work in my life every day in many different ways. Without these gift I would not be the child of God I consider myself to be today. Each of the gifts of the Holy Spirit effect my life in different ways. The gift understanding helps me realize all the problems including me and surrounding me. As a senior in High school I am faced with many struggles with family, school work, friends, and many others. The gift of understanding helps me get through these struggles and also helps me forgive others. The gift of wisdom is my favorite. This gift helps me focus. It helps me focus on what is important: relationships with family, friends, and God. The gift of Piety allows me to serve God. I think this gift is very important in my life. This gift helps me realize all the good things God has done for me, and allows me to praise and serve him in return. The gift of piety brings peace in my life. It helps me realize that God has always and will always be there for me, and for that thank him.

2. The Holy Spirit gives seven gifts to those that are confirmed. Each of these git are very important in the person being confirmed's life. The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the lord. In my life, all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are essential in my everyday life. One that is very important to me is Fear of The Lord. Fear of The Lord is important, because it lets us know that God and only God is our creator. The ten commandments say, "There shall be no other gods before me." This gift of the Holy Spirit is not saying that we should be afraid and scared of God. It is saying that we should recognize God's power. Everything that has been done, has been done by God. God is mighty and he has the power to do any and everything. I'm just thankful that he used his power to create me and that he gave me a chance in this world. That is why the gift of Fear of the Lord is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment